[Procedures for non-EU citizens residing abroad]
Students who hold a British or an American high school diploma must meet specific requirements explained in the following document (written in Italian) issued by the Ministry of Education.
Students holding an International Baccalaureate should check the following document (written in Italian) issued by the Ministry of Education to check if the institution where they have achieved their title is part of the list. If it isn’t, they should obtain documents 1 and 2 listed below.
Prepare your documents
- 1. Final diploma of secondary studies (at least 12 years)
Accompanied by an official translation in Italian language.
- 2. “Declaration of value” (Dichiarazione di Valore)
Issued by the Italian Diplomatic Representative related to the high school degree. The Declaration of Value is a document, released by the Italian competent Authority in the Country to which the educational system of your school refers, attesting the validity of your Diploma and in particular attesting you are entitled to enter University.
- 3. Certificate proving the completion of 1 or 2 years of academic studies or a post-secondary title
In case of countries where the educational system lasts only 11 or 10 years: confirming the examinations passed and translated into Italian if not issued by the university directly in English, French or Spanish.
- 4. Certificate attesting that the University entrance examination in the country of origin has been passed
If required by law (e.g. Vestibular for Brazil, Selectividad for Spain, Prova de Afericao o Prova Geral de Acesso ao Ensino Superior for Portugal, etc.). It is necessary for Chinese students to take the GAO KAO examination in order to apply.
- 5. Only for Laurea (equivalent to Bachelor of Science) courses held in English: a valid English language certificate
Students have to provide the certificate within their first year of enrolment.
The minimum requirements for English language proficiency are as follows:
- In case of missing documentation, in accordance with the existing rules, Politecnico di Milano will revoke the enrolment even if the candidate has passed the admission test.
- It’s not possible to ask for a programme change during the first year of enrolment.
Evaluation of a previous university career
Students who have applied for an evaluation of the previous career also need to submit this document after the enrolment:
- an academic transcript certified by the university registrar’s office and legalized by the Italian Diplomatic Representative, confirming courses taken, grades received and the relation of credits given to number of hours for each course. Please note that this document will be accepted in Italian, English, French or Spanish. Where the actual language is different, a legalized translation into Italian must be also provided together with the original version.