Application procedures for EU citizens and equivalent
For EU citizens, non EU regularly residing in Italy and Italian citizens with foreign academic qualification
When to apply
You can take the test:
- in one among the sessions organized between April and July 2017
- in one of the following sessions: 31 August, 1 or 2 September 2017
The sessions from April to July are open to all students enrolled in the final year of high school and to high school graduates; the August/September sessions are for high school graduates only.
The test takes place using personal computers in the IT-equipped lecture rooms of the Politecnico Milano Campuses.
You can take the TOL:
- in various sessions from March to July, not more than once per month
- in one among the following sessions organized between the end of August and the beginning of September
The sessions from March to July are open to all students of the penultimate and final year of high school and to high school graduates; the August/September sessions are for high school graduates only.
The TOL takes place using personal computers in the IT-equipped lecture rooms of the Politecnico Campuses, except for Mantova Campus.
- Urban Planning
In order to be admitted to the "Urbanistica : Città Ambiente Territorio" Programme, you must have an admission interview. You can attend the interview only once:
- in one among the sessions organized between March and July 2017
- in one of the September sessions
The interview cannot be repeated.
ADVANCE PHASE: FROM MARCH TO JULY
Tuesday 28th March: 2.30 pm - 5.30 pm
Wednesday 29th March: 2.30 pm - 5.30 pm
you can register for the interview from 22nd February at 2 pm to 24th March at 12 pm (noon)
Wednesday 26th April: 2.30 pm - 5.30 pm
Thursday 27th April: 2.30 pm - 5.30 pm
you can register for the interview from 30th March at 2 pm to 21st April at 12 pm (noon)
Tuesday 23rd May: 2.30 pm - 5.30 pm
Wednesday 24th May: 2.30 pm - 5.30 pm
Thursday 25th May: 2.30 pm - 5.30 pm
you can register for the interview from 28th April at 2 pm to 22nd May at 12 pm (noon)
Tuesday 4th July: 9.30 am -12.30 pm
Wednesday 5th July: 9.30 am -12.30 pm
Thursday 6th July: 9.30 am -12.30 pm
you can register for the interview from 26th May at 2 pm to 30th June at 12 pm (noon)
STANDARD SESSION: SEPTEMBER
Monday 4th September: 9.30 am -12.30 pm
Tuesday 5th September: 9.30 am -12.30 pm
Wednesday 6th September: 9.30 am -12.30 pm
you can register for the interview from 24th July at 2 pm to 25th August at 12 (noon)
The entrance test will take place on Thursday, 7th September 2017 (one date only, at national level).
How to apply
For Design, Engineering and Urban Planning
In order to enrol in one of the Bachelor of Science programmes, students must pass an entrance test.
EU citizens wherever residing, non-EU citizens with residence permit in Italy*, Non- EU citizens with a residence permit for study reasons, who are enrolled in a degree course in an Italian University, and Italian citizens with secondary school title awarded abroad are admitted to Bachelor of Science degree courses under the same conditions as Italian students.
*as reported from the art. 39, comma 5, of the legislative decree 25.07.98, n. 286, modified by the art. 26 of the law 30 July 2002, n. 189 "Law modification regarding immigration and asylum", "students from abroad possessing a residence permit or a subordinate or autonomous work permit, for family reasons, for political asylum, for humanitarian asylum, for religious reasons, or for foreigners residing for at least one year possessing a diploma of secondary studies awarded in Italy" are allowed to apply personally for the admission test without passing through the Diplomatic Italian Representative. Students having a residence permit different from those listed above will not be accepted.
In order to apply for a Bachelor of Science programme (Laurea) students are asked to proceed as follows:
a) register online in order to obtain the credentials (person code and password) to access Politecnico di Milano Online Services (please note: multiple registrations will cause problems, please remember your credentials and use them every time you need to access the Pnline Services)
b) register to the test and carry out the payment at the link "Laurea (Equivalent to a Bachelor of Science) and five – years – single – cycle programmes: entrance or discharge tests and enrolment"
A) Fill out the registration form on www.universitaly.it within July 25th at 15:00 p.m:
- during the registration you will be asked to fill in your personal data: be sure to use the same data written in your passport;
- you will be also asked to provide your “codice fiscale”. This can be obtained at the nearest Italian embassy/consulate;
- IMPORTANT: in order to enroll at Politecnico di Milano you must select as first choice one program among those offered at Politecnico di Milano. In addiction you can select other programs offered at Politecnico di Milano or other Universities, in order of preference;
- please note that once you’ve completed the form, you will be allowed to change your preferences until the last day of registration, i.e. 25 July 2017;
- it is important to avoid multiple registrations as they could affect the registration to the test.
B) Complete the registration to the test accessing Politecnico di Milano Online services "Laurea (equivalent to a Bachelor of Science) and five-year single-cycle programmes: entrance or discharge tests and enrolment" and pay 50 Euro within July 28th.
At this point, you will have the possibility to choose the track or the campus of preference, if available, and students who have chosen a program taught in English as their first choice will be allowed to choose the language of the test.
- Please note that it is important to avoid multiple registrations as they could affect the registration to the test.
- IMPORTANT: only students who have registered to Universitaly website and have completed the payment on Politecnico website will be allowed to take the entrance test.
C) Starting from August 7th you will have to check the assigned classroom through Politecnico di Milano Online services. You are warmly suggested to print out the receipt and bring it with you on the day of the test.